[ale] Re: [ale-admin] Stupid dain bramaged mailing list tricks.

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Oct 21 16:30:29 EDT 2001

> Alright, who did this...

The ALE web site and mailing lists recently moved to a new server and
consequently to new mailing list software. I believe we used to use majordomo
but now we are using something else. Odds are that this change was not
intentional and was probably due to the fact that we never bothered to see if
the mailing lists software does thigns differently.

Just a quick question to clarify things for me. The "From" field is
"mhw at wittsend.com" but your "Return-Path" is "mhw at alcove.wittsend.com"?
And you are saying that the mail software should not be checking the return
path but instead should be checking the From friend?

Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/
        "Anything worth fighting over is worth fighting dirty over"

---