[ale] System Question

rob hoppe hoppe at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 14 20:35:33 EDT 2001

Friends,

I am setting up a system to poll telephone switches and retrieve the
trunk data for busy calls or unused trunks.  trunks is the name used for
the connection to the phone line to the switch from the phone co.

The polling system is going to run Visual Basic (linux version will
work) with a 24 modem to t1 card for the polling.  The data will be
transferred to a win machine for analysis via COBOL and sent to an to
excel.  We will then publish to a web page and email to the client.  The
web page will run on a linux server probably running aolserver?

I am looking for open input.  My programmers know COBOL and VB. I liked
what i saw in the aolserver.

INPUT WELCOME!

Thanks,
Rob