[ale] ethernet collisions/diag

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 13 22:59:28 EDT 2001

--- stephen <stephen at phynp6.phy-astr.gsu.edu> wrote:

> I've never tried the driver specific diagnostic utilities, but you
> might want to try the generic mii-diag utility
> (ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/diag/mii-diag.c).
> It works find for me right now with the tulip driver.  And I've had success
> with it before on the eepro100 driver.

Here is what I get, it looks like all zeros:

root at blip~$ ./mii-diag
Using the default interface 'eth0'.
Basic registers of MII PHY #0:  0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000.
 Basic mode control register 0x0000: Auto-negotiation disabled, with
 Speed fixed at 10 mbps, half-duplex.
 Basic mode status register 0x0000 ... 0000.
   Link status: not established.
 Link partner information is not exchanged when in fixed speed mode.
   End of basic transceiver information.

-Jim P.