[ale] Server config panel

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 9 21:25:06 EDT 2001

I've built a machine where you can set the IP address (and a lot of
other things) from an LCD panel, but it was a custom solution.  We
used a Matrix Orbital display with a serial interface, a custom driver
written in C and a bunch of perl scripts on the back end to set the IP
address and what-not.  We had to drill the case and build a special
cable for the power to the LCD, and build a custom faceplate
to mount the LCD.

FYI, If you buy such a solution, you will be tightly bound to the vendor
and OS rev that comes with the box when you buy it.

-Eric

jeff tillotson wrote:
> Greetings,
> Does anyone know of a company that sells server boxes with a LCD control panel attached?  Basically I
> need a server I can configure the IP address from a control panel.  Kind of like the Cobalt Cubes.  I am not
> having much luck.  It can not be a build your own solution.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>

> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.