[ale] tar probelms

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Mon Oct 8 16:29:18 EDT 2001

Hi there

I am having trouble creating tarballs over two gigs. I have a couple
servers I want to move and most of them have two gigs worth of vitrual
hosts on them. I would like to be able to do them in one big tarball each
( breasking them up is really lame! ) Does anyone know about this. I have
checked on the web but can't find anything of use. I saw somehting about
compiling tar with a tiny option or somehting but I recompiled on one of
these machines and still had to same problem.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Ken

---