[ale] Doubt about c++ driver in linux.

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 7 11:17:10 EDT 2001

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 03:29:32PM +0530, Prabhu Kubendran wrote:
> > > Please read this URL:

> 	ya we accept that it is a bad idea to use c++ in kernel. But since
> most of our development has beed done in c++ earlier, we have to stick on
> to c++. Is there any solution to solve this problem (static inline
> functions ).

Did you read the exerpts from the linux-kernel mailings lists at the above
URL at all? It pretty clearly outlines why you NEED to be using straight C
(with some assembly "sometimes" thrown in) for any sort kernel coding. So
after reading the very informative text writen by well known and wise beyond
their years kernel hackers I would say your answer is still "no"
Steven A. DuChene      linux-clusters at mindspring.com
                      sduchene at mindspring.com

        http://www.mindspring.com/~sduchene/

---
This message as been sent through the ALE general discussion list.