[ale] co-lo woes part II

djinn at djinnspace.com djinn at djinnspace.com
Sat Oct 6 12:02:30 EDT 2001

Well, I am humbled before the great size of my ignorance...rebooting
firewalls during network problems, it turns out, is a VERY BAD idea.  I
rebooted while all is well, and lo, the problem is totally fixed.

*sigh* so far to go, so much to learn.  :(

I would still like advice on network troubleshooting, especially from
anyone who can't directly, hand-on access their network such as the
situation I'm in.  The only things I know how to do are logically step
thru my network setup...test from the outside, from the DMZ and from the
inside and compare/contrast the results.  And then do the Windows thing,
and reboot.

Thanks
jenn

---
This message as been sent through the ALE general discussion list.