[ale] Browse X

tewkewl at mindspring.com tewkewl at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 30 10:19:56 EST 2001

I'm not sure how many here have springmail (mindspring webmail) but I can not log into using BrowseX.  It resets the login form and nothing happens.  Just a note...

-PR

Chris Fowler <ChrisF at computone.com> wrote:

RE: [ale] Browse X

<P>Netscape uses 12MB on my DOC.  It uses 6MB compressed on my DOC.  How much space can I save with browseX?

<P>Chris

<P>-----Original Message-----

<P>Sending this from Browse X. It's very nice, a lot like Netscape
> but looks like about 1/3 the memory usage. The packaging is
> very interesting too: it includes the Tcl and Tk executables
> and source code in a compressed filesystem *inside the BRX binary*,
> which it mounts for itself at runtime. So you don't need to
> care if you have Tcl installed, or which version. And it's
> still smaller than Netscape. Very slick.

<P>Would be nice if it had automatic mail filtering. I've come
> to really depend on Netscape's mail filters (which unfortunately
> have recently quit working for no apparent reason - guess I
> won't lose much by moving to BRX).

<P>-- Joseph A Knapka

<P>--