[ale] Linuxgruven

jiin jiin at jiin.org
Wed Jan 24 22:23:30 EST 2001

At 04:37 PM 1/24/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Well, how about giving them, linuxgruven a call? Use a little social
>engineering
>and see if they are up to what they say. Most companies are now making you
>pay the
>training money up front because to many people job hop, get the training
>and leave
>the company against the contract. Even if they sign a contract it cost more in
>court fees than it is worth to have them held to it, and then again who
>wants a
>disgruntled employ working for them.
>
>Just my thought
>- Gary Lawler

Are you sure you don't work for them? That is almost word for word what
they said. I recently got an email from a guy that read the threads and
applied with them. I haven't recieved any information on why he wished he
hadn't.

If they were serious about the job they would at least work out a payment
plan or salary deductions. They won't do that. The contract is enforceable
simply by going to a collection agency.  I went as far as calling them back.

When I asked about this on the list everyone was pretty much of the same
opinion. You are paid to do a job, you don't pay to get a job. The training
is an expense the employer goes to if they wish to have competent
employees. Someone did a lookup on their domain name and a reverse lookup.
It was a Chicago Tech School or College.

Personally I am glad I didn't have anything to do with them.

jiin