[ale] bookmarks utility

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Tue Jan 23 07:53:24 EST 2001

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, David S. Jackson wrote:

> Is it possible to call the netscape bookmark utility
> independently of netscape itself?
>
> I was looking around in /usr/local/netscape and I didn't see any
> binary that looked like the bookmark editor.

there isn't one -- it's built-in

> Anyone know of its name or whether it's independent from
> Netscape?  Or whether there's another compatible editor that
> remembers the Nutscrape attributes, like last_modified="0" or
> whatever?

vim?

I've not used it, and it is from Clemson so it's probably worth every
penny you're paying for it¹, but freshmeat suggests GTK Bookmark Editor
<http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~pbranna/gtkbookmark/>

later,
chris

¹ I figure the list could use a gratuitous flame war this week ;-)

--
Chris Ricker                                               kaboom at gatech.edu
                                              chris.ricker at genetics.utah.edu