[ale] Home network with ADSL? (with a twist)

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Sat Jan 20 17:17:37 EST 2001

Thompson Freeman writes:

 > I cann't say that I know of a networking solution for '98, but if you
 > don't mind another box in the house (and the $$$$ issue), try a LinkSys
 > Broadband Router (about $150 at CompUSA?). I set one up for my daughter

I can second that about the router, though it only works if you have
an external ADSL modem.  At CES this month in las Vegas Linksys had a
a similar router that also had built in net2talk internet telephony.
It provides long distance server for 3.9 cents per minute.  It looked
like fun.

If you still want to use win98, I believe that win98 Second Edition
provides IP Masquerading.  I've never used it, however.

--Michael