[ale] System.map

Ben Coleman oloryn at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 15 15:08:03 EST 2001

Ken Nagorski wrote:
>          I have a problem, I installed a new kernel on a bunch of servers
> but It complains every time I use like ps, or top it complains about the
> System.map, Can I fix this some other way than comiling the kernel on the
> box that I am on? Has anyone dealt with this before?

When you installed the new kernel, did you replace /boot/System.map on
each system with the new System.map?  If you're compiling the kernel in
/usr/src/linux, the new map should be in /usr/src/linux/System.map.

I can't say I've run into your problem, but when I do install a new
kernel, I do normally copy the new System.map to /boot/System.map.

Ben