[ale] Linux Newbie kmd question

John Kerns, Jr. jkernsjr at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 15 13:04:10 EST 2001

I have SuSE 6.4 installed and use kdm as my login
prompt. I have alsoe upgraded to Helix Gnome and use
that as my main gui. I was also using enlightenment
inside of Gnome as my wiindow manager. SuSE 6.4 only
shipped with 0.16.4 version of E and I downloaded and
(i think correctly) installed 0.16.5 version. My
problem now is I cant get the Gnome control manager to
realize I have upgraded. It still starts the older
version. Also, if I try and just start E from kdm it
starts the older version.

How do I get both of these to point to the correct
version. I know the path to the exec.
/usr/local/enlightenment/bin/.

Thanks in advance,
John

P.S. Attended my first ALE meeting last week and had
fun. Look forward to coming more and learning more!