[ale] Kernel-2.4.0 oddness

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Jan 11 13:54:14 EST 2001

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Chris Ricker wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Scott Nolde wrote:

<<snip>>

> Congratulations, you've hit the #1 FAQ with 2.4 kernels ;-)
>
> Disable ECN, either by recompiling the kernel after disabling it under
> networking options, or by
>
> echo "0" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
<<snip>>

Possibly a truly dumb RTFM question, but what is ECN, why does ECN trip up
the routers as often configured, and how should/can I check to make sure
that I don't contribute to the misconfiguration?

Well, that may count as three questions - please assume I'm a heavy tipper
8-)

In any event, my thanks in advance

The harder I work, the luckier I get.
                    Lee Iacocca