[ale] 2.4 and glibc 2.1.92

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Thu Jan 11 11:59:39 EST 2001

Qs for you:
- Using kgcc or the "infamous" gcc 2.96?
- Have you checked for an upgrade package for glibc 2.2?
- Are you optimising for i686 (Pent. II et.al.)?

I've had success in the past building w/gcc and whatever glibc was available
(currently using 2.2, which I may have scarfed from Raw Hide). But I'm also
compiling w/i586 optimisations (being that I'm stuck w/a measly Pentium MMX),
and I have heard a few things out there that would seem to suggest a problem
with the i686-optimised kernel (even though that's just a hunch I have
right now).

And by the way, you should be getting a whole ton of warnings if you compile
w/gcc. Well, if it were a perfect world (and a near-perfect gcc 3.0), you
wouldn't be getting *any* warnings, but I digress ... :)