[ale] ALE meeting Tonight - Emediat

Eric Z. Ayers eric at compgen.com
Thu Jan 11 11:25:52 EST 2001

Hi Folks,

I have a code today.   I am not goid do makt id to the meetig
tonight, and eved if I did, you wouldd udderstad whad I'm saying.

Could someone please introduce themselves to our speaker and MC the
meeting in my absence?

Thanks,
-Eric.

 Thursday January 11, 2001

 Topic: Emediat Solutions Neil Griffin Emediat Solutions, Inc.

 Emediat Solutions is a software development company which has
 recently completed initial production of, Visual Impact. Visual
 Impact (the new name will be RADBUILDER) is an open-source, cross-
 platform Rapid Application Development IDE. Using a HyperTalk based
 scripting language, it provides a host of features typically found in
 products like MS Visual Basic,MS Powerpoint, and Macromedia
 Director. Web deployment is achieved using a browser plugin similar
 in nature to Macromedia Shockwave.

                              Product History
                              Product Description:
                              Why we went open source
                              Product Demo

 Neil Griffin is the CTO/Director of Product Development. He holds a
 Bachelor degree in Computer Science from Virginia Tech For the past
 two years, he led the development team on an aggressive agenda that
 included:

     Design and development of an entirely new IDE for the product
     Design and development of cross-platform components based on the
           product's User Defined Class (UDC) feature

     Design and development of a cross-platform web-deployment feature
           using the Netscape  Navigator Live-Connect Plugin API.

 Where: Building C Auditorium, The Home Depot, Inc. Corporate Headquarters.
         Click here for directions

 When: 7:30PM