[ale] Compiling kernel-2.4.0 on Redhat

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Mon Jan 8 16:26:08 EST 2001

Oh boy, here we go again ...

I don't think gcc-c++ is involved in kernel complilation, being that there
is no C++ code in the kernel.

I am running 2.4.0-test13-pre4 compiled using gcc-2.96-54. No worries AFAIK.
Plenty of warning stmts when you build though. The latest Raw Hide release
has updated gcc (and related) RPMs.

To recap all the other things said in previous discussions: if you're
releasing binaries for general public downloading, it's best to stick w/a
pre-2.96 version of gcc until gcc-3.0 hits.