[ale] DBF data to web

Tom Younker twins at atlnet.com
Fri Jan 5 14:13:30 EST 2001

Christopher, Jeff, Terzo, John, Wandered, Lathe, et al

ALE is quick to respond !  Perhaps I should have stated, these are dBASE format
files from a Clipper application that I've maintained since 1993, and can
freely make changes to.  The other consultant thinks Access running on the Win
box will do the job.  If that's a total solution, OK, but methinks he's
attempting to remove the eServer/Tarantella box from the proposal for an all M$
solution.  Basic idea --- let customers view their own data, accurate within a
few hours or at least a day.

I'm hoping for something like a Perl solution, though I've never written a line
of Perl.  That is, freely available and allowing me to point to the files and
let a user browse the data.  I can provide files with the desired fields in the
desired order, even filtered by customer.

I've wanted to learn PHP, and think that it directly supports DBF files in
read-only, but we're in a time crunch here, therefore the search for a canned
solution

BTW my original message never came to me, but I saw dupes of several of the