[ale] DBF data to web

Armsby John-G16665 John.Armsby at motorola.com
Fri Jan 5 09:07:24 EST 2001

I have kinda been half following this thread.  I went to CodeBase and scanned the page.  I infer (correctly I hope) that this little gem creates, updates, and modifies a dbase database file WITHOUT THE DBASE PROGRAM executable.  I believe the significance of this is that it appears you can basically manipulate the raw file directly.  Am I correct here?  Why transfer to Mysql or Postgress (for a web application) when you can just hit directly on the data file?

John