[ale] Kernel Versions

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Thu Jan 4 16:57:08 EST 2001

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Well,  I;m still getting unresolved symbols.  I have kernel
version turned off in .config.  I'm turning that on and are
rebuilding.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>chris

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Chris Fowler
  [mailto:ChrisF at computone.com]Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 4:33
  PMTo: 'Fulton Green'; Chris FowlerCc:
  'ale at ale.org'Subject: RE: [ale] Kernel
Versions
  I believe it should be EXTRAVERSION = -20
  I'm building now to see if that works.
  Thanks, Chris
  -----Original Message----- From:
  Fulton Green [<A
  href="mailto:me at FultonGreen.com">mailto:me at FultonGreen.com]
  Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 4:24 PM <FONT
  size=2>To: Chris Fowler Subject: Re: [ale] Kernel
  Versions
  In the Makefile, near the top there's MAJOR, MINOR, and
  PATCHLEV or something to that effect. add a -20
  *immediately after* the = for PATCHLEV.
  On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 03:52:10PM -0500, Chris Fowler
  wrote: > I compiled my kernel now I get unresolved
  sysmbols on all my modules and > they refuse to
  load.  They sream they were made with 2.2.12-20.  Where in
  > the source tree do I need to put the -20 and
  rebuild?