[ale] chattr

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Thu Jan 4 16:27:32 EST 2001

I'm not sure if the 2.2.12 kernel supports any form of compression by default.  But, I did get e2compr successfully compiled into the Linux kenel.  The patches did not work with the RH 6.0 stock kernel, but it did work with one I download from ftp://ftp.kernel.org  I did have a few kernel panics on creation of files during testing but I'm using this package only for compression of files on a RO fs that resides in flash.  I need to get X in a tight space.  Does the stock kernel support any form of compression?

Chris