[ale] laptop input requested

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Jan 4 13:14:20 EST 2001

Wandered Inn wrote:

> I'm in the process of selecting a laptop that will replace my existing
> hardware.  It's for work, so my options are limited.  Anyone have any
> experiences with any of the following:
>
> Dell Latitude CPxJ 650GT
> Dell Latitude CPxH 500GT
> Dell Latitude CSxH 500GT

Just got off the phone with Dell.  The CPxH 500GT has been certified to
run RH 6.1  The only difference between that and the 650 is that the 650
has a specialized processor which uses something called Speedstep
technology that enables it to run at 650 when it's running off of ac
power.  Anyone know anything about this Speedstep?

I guess I'll get the 500 and not worry about dealing with the Speedstep
stuff, although it'd be nice to have the extra 150 mhz as I will be
using this thing on the desktop quite a bit.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein