[ale] uptime?

Luis Luna luis at btr-architects.com
Thu Feb 22 10:30:59 EST 2001

	I believe that, uptime is great when you have a good streak going. But I
had two nt 4.0 server stay up for 1 year 4 months without rebooting or
hiccuping. I finally shut them down, pulled out the hard drives / cards /
etc. and slapped them on a new mobo, PIII chip, RAM, and case. Re-applied
the service pack, rebooted, and they have been running since 12/15/2000 like
champs. So what. I built a RH 6.2 server at the same time, loaded samba and
had it share files out along with the 2 NT boxes, I haven't needed to shut
it down for the same time as the NT boxes.
	I have an NT box acting as our proxy server and other internet jobs, P200
with 96 megs of RAM, it has been up for 7 months. I only had to reboot
because of some software I loaded requested a reboot, so before that it had
been running for the previous 8 months since I built it.

luis