[ale] vpn and dns

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Feb 20 14:15:37 EST 2001

Bao Ha wrote:

> [...]

Doesn't seem to be doing it, but no biggy, I've put my script together
anyway.

> > pptp/ppp do not add a default route, just a host route to the remote
> > server.  I then add the default route explicitly.
> >
> The server may not have provided a default route to ppp.  Check
> if you have "defaultroute" in your ppp options.  It should setup
> the other PPP end as the default gateway.

Duh, that was it.  Too bloody obvious to figure that one out.  Thanks.

Now if I can only figure out why I can't get to the other subnets.  I
suspect it's a routing issue on the vpn server side though.  traceroute
shows the vpn remote server and then nothing...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein