[ale] reg exp's

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Thu Feb 15 11:39:57 EST 2001

Hi there,

	I have a little sed question, Use sed all the time to wastes blank
lines in a file. i.e. sed /^$/d <infile >outfile, anyway I am trying to
use sed to remove an ewtire line if I find a particular expression. like
say I have this line,

234	IN	PTR	reserverd.for.cust.xxx

	If I can match "reserverd.for.cust.xxx" I want to reomve the whole
line. I tried a few things but no luck. I thoguht sed
/"*reserverd.for.cust.xxx*"/d <file >outfile but there was no luck, Hmm,
anyeway. thanks for your advice...

Ken

--
I've got all the money I'll ever need if I die by 4 o'clock.
                -- Henny Youngman