[ale] why cron from /etc/crontab would reply on user 'uucp'

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at Ptek.com
Wed Feb 14 10:42:28 EST 2001

Thanks. I did mean 'other jobs in logrotate.d'. sorry for the confusion.

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Joe Steele wrote:

#On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Jerry Z. Yu wrote:
#
#> since the other job didn't run either, I assume crontab actually try to
#> sort of 'compile' all entries under /etc/logrotate.d for cron.daily, then
#> crapped out because of uucp entries failed?
#
#It's not clear what you mean by 'other job didn't run either':
#
#If you mean other logrotate jobs in /etc/logrotate.d/, then yes, I
#suspect the error would cause logrotate to quit prematurely without
#rotating all your logs.
#
#If you mean other cron jobs, then no, I don't think the error should
#affect the execution of any cron job except for
#/etc/cron.daily/logrotate.
#
#--Joe
#

Jerry Z. Yu				mailto: z.yu at ptek.com
Systems Engineer			https://punch
PTEK Holdings, Inc.			+1-404-262-8544 (O)