[ale] Q: X-Window System login from iMac

John Mills john at mills-atl.com
Fri Feb 9 08:22:36 EST 2001

Joe -

Thanks for the note.

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Joseph A. Knapka wrote:
> Though OSX/Darwin ought to support X out of the box, right?

This is MacOS 8.6.

I plan to try VNC, but my experience with X-session display-only utilities
[which VNC seems to be] was much worse than with local X-servers. Natually
that's years ago, but sessions tended to be fragile and [because?] the net
traffic rates were very high. Every mouse motion had to make a round trip
on the net. Nor could local and remote apps take good advantage of their
common interface at the desktop.

--
Regards -
 John Mills