[ale] WinME w/DSL to ipchains firewall w/DSL

Gary MacKay Gary at EdisonInfo.com
Thu Feb 8 11:58:47 EST 2001

What is the best way to connect up this remote site? I have a complete
network with a Novell server behind a linux/ipchains firewall with a DSL
connection. There is a remote site that has only a WindowsME (yech) computer
plugged into it's own DSL connection direct.

Problem:
1. I need the remote computer to be able to run programs (pcAnywhere or VNC)
on the netware server behind the firewall.

2. Both the remote pc and anyone on the host network side, need to be able
to print to two different printers (one serial, one parallel) at the remote
site.

Question:
1. Can I establish a VPN somehow between the Windows box and the linux box?
2. If so, can the two printers plugged into it be "shared" so anyone (remote
or local) print to them?

- Gary