[ale] 2 Linksys in 1 box?

Ryan Bradford Neily rbn at gsu.cs.GaSoU.EDU
Sat Feb 3 14:56:13 EST 2001

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Robert L. Harris wrote:

I have two Linksys 10/100 cards (ust bought them off the shelf) in my
Firewall.  I am running 2.4 kernel, and Redhat 7.0..  I am using the
newest Tulip drivers.   Origionally under redhat 7 and 2.2.16 kernel, I
could not get the drivers to work.  I went and downloded the newest Tulip
drivers, and compiled them into and kernel, and it works fine...

> I'm helping a friend build a firewall today.  We need to go get 2
> nic's for his network.  I used to use Netgear cards but I can't get
> FA31[12] cards to work now and can't find 310's anywhere.  I got a
> Linksys off the shelf and it works great.  The question though, can
> 2 Linksys cards exist in the same box happily.  Very quickly this
> will be upgraded to a 2.4.0 kernel.
>
> Thoughts Quickly?
>
> Robert
>

> :wq!
> Robert L. Harris                |  Micros~1 :
> Senior System Engineer          |    For when quality, reliability
>   at RnD Consulting             |      and security just aren't
>                                 \_       that important!
> DISCLAIMER:
> FYI:
>  perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'

Ryan Bradford Neily                              Phone: 770-565-9017
Georgia Southern University
=-> Visit the GSU Computer Science Home Page: http://www.cs.gasou.edu <-=