[ale] NFS Issue

Russell Enderby russell.enderby at arris-i.com
Thu Feb 1 11:38:10 EST 2001

So let me ask again if anyone has any suggestions:

Problem: When trying to run rpc.nfsd I get the following message and it
does not run:

nfssvc:  Function not implemented

Setup:

* Redhat 6.2 with all the patches
* rpc.mountd runs no problem and I can mount other boxes
* NFS service is setup as a kernel include in the kernel build not as a
RPM so I dont have a nfsd.o file
* nfs-utils package is installed as an upgraded RPM for security
although not portmapper

Output:

Here is my rpcstat -p:

   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100021    1   udp   1024  nlockmgr
    100021    3   udp   1024  nlockmgr
    100024    1   udp    997  status
    100024    1   tcp    999  status

These are the two processes running currently with it:

root       387  0.0  0.0     0    0 ?        SW    2000   0:34 [rpciod]
root       396  0.0  0.4  1432  452 ?        S     2000   0:00 rpc.statd

Finally, Eric mentioned something about including 'experiemental' option
in the kernel build.  Is this necessary?

Thanks,
Russell