[ale] Maddening xv (or wm?) behavior

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Feb 1 11:21:03 EST 2001

With gnome you should be able to "grab" the offending window in the
deskguide applet with the middle mouse button. Then you can drag it some
place usefull. Now look at the top frame around the window and select the
button by itself. Go to "history" and select "remember position". IN
THEORY it should pop-up next time in the same position on the active
desktop as when you selected the "remember position" setting.

This is all assumming (eek, danger Will Robinson, danger.) that you are
running sawfish with all the latest-greatest Ximian stuff.

JimK