[ale] AMD300 Watt PS

jeff hubbs hbbs at mediaone.net
Sat Dec 29 22:52:16 EST 2001

Gary Lawler wrote:

> Forgive the stupidity here, I don't know to much about the subject. But could you
> not replace the 15amp breaker for say a 30amp if not a 20amp don't they just pull
> out of there slot? This would seem easier then buying a UPS???

No, absolutely not.  Electricians size those breakers according to code
restrictions, the gauge of the wire used throughout in the house, and so
forth.  Replacing a breaker with a higher-current one just so you can
run that MOSIX cluster in the laundry room (wait a second - that's what
I'M trying to do) would be dangerous, reckless, and stupid.

- Jeff

---