[ale] AMD300 Watt PS

Jim Popovitch jimpop at micromuse.com
Sat Dec 29 01:13:43 EST 2001

I suspect that once the UPS(s) switch to battery (due to voltage drop on the
overloaded line) there is an instant load reduction on the line.  More than
likely the UPS(s) tests the line for a few seconds before returning to
normal, inadvertently balancing the overall load on the circuit breaker.
I'm sure there is a pressure point at which this think could oscillate.  At
that point I would recommend evacuating the house. :)

-Jim P.