[ale] full linux on a disk?

Richard Holt rholt at telcel.net.ve
Mon Dec 24 08:56:55 EST 2001

MuLinux started as linux on a floppy.

It still is, but now offers much more utility. Can load from floppies, a umsdos on hard disk, or cloned onto a (mini) CD. The complete distro is about 35+MB. My current installed occupies 45MB. Take a look at  http://sunsite.dk/mulinux/

It uses 2.0.36 modular kernel. It has been mounted/cloned on CD.

Richard.

> Stephen Turner wrote:
> >
> > http://shop.store.yahoo.com/lmcomp/ledbranbusca.html
> >
> > so i found these cool "buisness card cd's" they only
> > hold 50 mb though.. and thats not too good for a
> > normal installation of linux.. what im wondering is,
> > is there a linux out there or a method where i could
> > put a full linux on this cd? would be nice to just
> > say.. walk to a friends house pull this out of your
> > wallet and start running linux on his pc ;) might even
> > get the nerd of the year award? lol... any
> > suggestions/ comments to packing as much as possible
> > into this cd? and able to boot linux off cd?
>
> Tom's root/boot <http://www.toms.net/rb/home.html>
> packs a whole lot on a 1.44MB floppy. I'm sure
> you could fit a fairly complete distro in 50 MB.
> I think you could get a complete system, including
> X and a window manager and some useful X apps, onto
> a 50MB disk. Check out Linux From Scratch:
> <http://www.linuxfromscratch.org>.
>
> Merry Christmas,
>
> -- Joe

> > sent to listmaster at ale dot org.
>
> --
> "I should like to close this book by sticking out any part of my neck
>  which is not yet exposed, and making a few predictions about how the
>  problem of quantum gravity will in the end be solved."
>  --- Physicist Lee Smolin, "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity"
>
> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

GO-TRO,ca Instrumentación,  vox/fax 011-58-265-641-3457

---