[ale] binhex -- help opening a picture -- thanks

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Wed Dec 19 20:34:05 EST 2001

On Wednesday 19 December 2001 07:18 pm, you wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Does the message below mess up the POP server? Everytime when I look in my
> mindspring mailbox, it stops at this one and says that there is a POP3
> server error.  Problem is, I can not get at the messages below it (176 of
> them). I contacted Earthlink customer support, but they do not respond.
> Anyone with this problem? I am getting sort of desperate, because I can not
> get at my mail. Any help appreciated. Cor van Dijk

That happens to me once in a while. Just telnet into your mailbox, and
delete the offending message:

Example:

telnet mail.mindspring.com 110
wait for a prompt
user yourname
wait for a prompt
pass yourpasswd

list

You should see a list of messages and sizes
1 4394
2 6032
3 23455

top n 20  will show the first 20 lines of message n
(this is from memory, hope it's right, don't have telnet on this machine to
check)

dele n  will delete message n
retr n will download message n

quit  ends your session