[ale] binhex attachments and Evolution 1.0

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Dec 17 10:23:55 EST 2001

Wow! What a bug!

The binhex attachment from the aler needing help opening the PICT file
has consistently crashed the Evolution mail section every time I tried
to do anything with the email. The retrieval to delete it and subsequent
crash indicates that evolution may wind up succeptable to similar types
of email bugs that M$ Outlook has. If one must open the email to delete
it that violates any sense of mail security.

I have reported the bug to Ximian. Unfortunatly, it appears to be a more
fundamental design flaw. Maybe a single click to select the message in
the index view for moving and file operations, and a double click to
open.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>

 This is a digitally signed message part