[ale] Still more mgetty + CID questions

Jason Lynn jason_lynn_ at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:46:28 EST 2001

>1) I'm running RH 7.1, and the config files are in /etc/mgetty+sendfax.
>Is this the correct default location?

It is on 6.2 at least.  As long as you didn't recompile mgetty/vgetty, that
*SHOULD* be where the conf files are located.

>2) Does RH 7.1 mgetty have CNDFILE defined?

Again, I can only speak for 6.2.  The cnd-program is defined in
mgetty.config.

>3) Does mgetty need to answer the phone to send the CID data to
>cnd-program?

It should send the info prior to answering the phone.  Just a few
"debugging" suggestions:
1.  In your script file, put "touch /tmp/testing" at the top.
2.  init q (to reload if you are starting in inittab)
3.  Call your phone.
4.  If the file /tmp/testing exists, it is working.
5.  When that doesn't work :) try turning up the debug level in mgetty /
vgetty to junk.
6.  init q
7.  Call your phone.
8.  Search through the debug file (in /var/log/) for "cnd" and see if any
errors are reported.
9.  If that doesn't work, there is a mgetty list that I'm on and could send
you the info... they should definitely be able to help.

Good luck,
Jason