[ale] Booting on AMD

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Dec 13 16:21:47 EST 2001

I have a AMD450 that I'm trying to boot a custom kernel (2.4.7) on.  I can boot my kernel on a P4 but on the AMD the system appears to hang after the messages
Freeing kernel memory.  This is right when the rootfs is mounted and init should be executed.  The kernel is compiled for i386 architecture.  Should I be using another
one?  I would like a general kernel that can be booted on all my mahcines.  Celeron/P's/AMD's.

Thanks,
Chris

---