[ale] Linux cool keyboard

Geoffrey esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Dec 13 09:05:32 EST 2001

I picked up a Linux 'cool keyboard' a while back.  Although I've
selected that setup for the keyboard, it happens that when I select the
left 'alt' key, I'm presented with the Mandrake menus.  The peguin and
Linux keys don't appear to do anything.  My expectation was that the
menus would pop up when I selected one of the latter keys, certainly not
the 'alt' key.  Anyone else using one of these keyboards successfully
from this perspective?  For those who've not seen them the bottom key
layout is as follows:

ctrl  penguin-image left-alt space-bar right-alt penguin-image linux
ctrl

where I've outlined 7 keys.

I'm running Mandrake 8.1 and enlightenment 16.5

Thanks for any pointers or suggestions.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users
that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html

---