[ale] New Geek Toy!

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Wed Dec 12 15:29:11 EST 2001

This sounds like loads of fun. Any recommendations for a tablet-style
device, like one that Transmeta was making for AOL before it got scrapped?
Has anyone tried this with the iPAQ handheld or some other small device that
takes PC Cards? And is there a way for a Palm or HandSpring to connect to the
base station? Or is it just a matter of finding an 802.11b sol'n for it?

Thanks!
On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 03:17:30PM -0500, tewkewl at mindspring.com wrote:
> You have to configure encryption though snmp?  You mean using the private strings?  Why not just browse to it?
>
> I've been using linksys for a while now and configuring the base station was a snap.  Just browsed to it and played with all the goodies it had to offer.  (including 128bit encryption) (not that that will stop squat, but hey, leaving it in the air as plain text is just silly!  :)
>
> -Patrick
>
> Danny Cox <danscox at mindspring.com> wrote:
> > All,
>
> 	I just purchased a Linksys wireless card ($79) and their access point
> ($149) from buy.com.  Although the driver complains that it doesn't
> recognize the card, it works great!
>
> 	My only complaint is that I must configure the encryption via SNMP on
> the access point, and that's a pain.
>
> 	Nevertheless, I can wander all over the house, upstairs, and in the
> basement, and surf all I wish.
>
> 	Note: this is not recommended in bed!

---