[ale] dslreports

Geoffrey esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Dec 12 11:15:57 EST 2001

hirsch at zapmedia.com wrote:

> But, the linksys are cable/DSL routers, not cable/DSL modem/routers.
> I think that the original question was for a DSL modem with built in
> hub or switch.

YES, that's correct.  I was looking for a dsl MODEM/router.  Only
because in my own ignorance I assume I need a device that takes in the
dsl signal and has 2 or more ethernet out in order to get 2 or more
static IPs.  I can't find any documentation on dsl modems or networking
to verify this.  If I can use a single dsl modem with a single ethernet
out into my firewall and could parse the two static ips from there that
would be great, but I don't think that can be done.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users
that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html

---