[ale] OT FUN: What are your hosts named?

jeff hubbs hbbs at mediaone.net
Tue Dec 11 21:19:40 EST 2001

At DOE, I co-opted a whole bunch of NetWare-hosted printers for printing
  from NT and gave them names of comedians.  I reserved the right to be
arbitrary and capricious with my choices, but I generally stuck to
people who had had a long and/or noteworthy history of performing live
in front of audiences, although I made exceptions for people who were
otherwise extremely noteworthy in the field of comedy.

Actual printer names that I recall getting used included PEARL, BELUSHI,
KOVACS, and PRINZE.  The name pool included HOWARD (Moe, Shemp, and
Curly), CHAPLIN, BALL, BROOKS (Mel or Foster), CARLIN, KINISON, COSBY,
BERLE (even though I've never liked his act), GREENE (Shecky), SALES,
REINER, CHASE, MURRAY, PRYOR, MURPHY, FIELDS, CARSON, BRUCE, BERGEN,
SKELTON, and DILLER.

---