[ale] XP and Samba

jeff hubbs hbbs at mediaone.net
Mon Dec 10 21:22:13 EST 2001

But why should you have to enable a separate protocol from TCP/IP for
that to work?  NetBEUI really isn't supposed to be used in anything more
than a one-office arrangement and, in this day and age when Internet
access is pretty much ubiquitous and therefore a TCP/IP requirement
exists, there's really no need for NetBEUI anymore at all (for one
thing, it's not a routable protocol).