[ale] HOWTO know module names ?

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at flash.net
Mon Dec 10 17:00:37 EST 2001

Greetings !

Just got through enabling several modular functions in 'make menuconfig'
for Debian-2.4.6 and since all modules are not autoloaded, how do I know
what the chosen module names are so that I can load them ?

How can I know if modules are autoloaded by an application, other than
the application won't run and complains explicitly ?

How can I determine module dependencies ?

Is there any comparative information regarding performance tradeoffs
regarding kernel size and module loading ?

Appreciatively,

Courtney

---