[ale] Alright...final router question OTD...

John Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 16:15:51 EST 2001

Alright...got iptables set up ok.

Now I'm just having problems with some of my DNS
lookups from other boxes on the network, particularly
<flame suit>Windows 98</flame suit> boxes.  There
seems to be around a 4-5 second delay for DNS lookups.

I just have the iptables box doing Masquerading, so I
have the Win 98 boxes set to access bellsouth's DNS
servers directy (i.e., set in stone in Network
properties).

Anyway, once the lookup is complete, responsiveness is
back to normal.  Anyone have a suggestion as to what
might be causing this?

Thanks,
John