[ale] OT FUN: What are your hosts named?

Ben Ostrowsky ostrowb at tblc.org
Mon Dec 10 10:06:28 EST 2001

Most of our machines are named after cartoon or comic characters.  Our
main all-purpose server is Snoopy; they do get a bit more obscure,
starting with Rocky and Bullwinkle characters and going all the way down
to web-comix characters (my machine is named Bernie, after the large
curly-haired gal in Broken By Design
<http://www.webreview.com/archives/broken/> and Waiting For Bob
<http://www.waitingforbob.com/>).  Others include Clem, Buttercup, and
Bugs Bunny.  (Note to self: Never, *ever* name a machine after a
trickster god.)

Our primary DNS server, which also runs an SQL database for our
membership directory, is named Ernestine after the Lily Tomlin character
who snorts and says "We're the phone company. We're omnipotent."

Ben

---