[ale] OT FUN: What are your hosts named?

Keith Hopkins hne at inetnow.net
Fri Dec 7 09:44:51 EST 2001

Chris Bergeron wrote:

> Okay guys, it's almost Friday; and I'm thinking just for fun I'd like to
> know how you guys name your networks...  I've figured out that Chris
> F.'s are named after spacestations, etc...  Mine are named after US
> Cruise Missiles;  at my previous employer we named them after "things
> that can happen in a moshpit" - hemorrhage, trauma, laceration, etc...
>
> Any other fun ones out there?

Greek gods:

Zeus, the main (file,print,computational,whatever) server
Ares, the firewall
Hades, latest badass workstation (well, it was when I bought it)
Atremis, multimedia machine
Hermes, mail server
Apollo, file server w/lots of storage
Athena, general purpose machine
Hera, last generation badass workstation...now happily running seti at home

back at GT, we had a cluster of minis names after cloud formations: cumulus, stratus & nimbus (may have been more...)

Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith

---