[ale] Newton Messagepad 2000

rilke rilke at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 6 00:29:15 EST 2001

Anybody want one? This is a pretty cool device. Check it on ebay, make me
an offer. I just don't have the time to mess with it right now. It looks
like these things are going for around $180-$200. It sure is a featurific
little beastie, plus you can find Linux support quite easily with a little
poking around. Well, let me know...

--Trey

---------------------
After [Benjamin] Franklin came a herd of Electrical Pioneers whose
names have become part of our electrical terminology: Myron Volt, Mary
Louise Amp, James Watt, Bob Transformer, etc.  These pioneers conducted
many important electrical experiments.  For example, in 1780 Luigi
Galvani discovered (this is the truth) that when he attached two
different kinds of metal to the leg of a frog, an electrical current
developed and the frog's leg kicked, even though it was no longer
attached to the frog, which was dead anyway.  Galvani's discovery led
to enormous advances in the field of amphibian medicine.  Today,
skilled veterinary surgeons can take a frog that has been seriously
injured or killed, implant pieces of metal in its muscles, and watch it
hop back into the pond just like a normal frog, except for the fact
that it sinks like a stone.
		-- Dave Barry, "What is Electricity?"