[ale] dialup woes

Arafat Mohamed abmtek at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 17:33:20 EST 2001

I am trying to set up a dialup account on my linux box. I used pppconfig to
configure a bellsouth account. I then type 'pppd call bellsouth'.

Nothing happens. No error message no beep, nothing. It just takes me back to
a prompt. Could you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I downloaded the ltmodem package and installed it (I think). How do I verify
I did this right?

I'm running debian potato on a tecra 8000 with gnome.

Thanks in advance,
Arafat Mohamed