[ale] Problems with Lynx under Cygwin

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Wed Dec 5 14:39:04 EST 2001

I'm using the Cygwin environment (very recently downloaded) under a Win2K
desktop at work. I was trying to use Lynx (which is incl'd w/Cygwin) to look
at some Internet sites. Here's the output:

< Administrator at somehost$ lynx www.SomeHostHere.com

< Administrator at somehost$ mutt ale at ale.org

At first, I thought it was a naming issue. So I tried the IP address of said
host instead, and same result.

Is there a quick fix for this? Maybe it's a Lynx-specific routing issue?
Keep in mind these things:

1) I'm running Cygwin under a Win2K machine attached to an NT domain.
2) I *AM* able to connect to websites within my LAN *IFF* I first ping them.
3) I *AM* able to manually telnet to Internet sites (using port 80).
4) I do *NOT* have a proxy configured for either Lynx or MSIE.

Much thanks!

---